Thursday, November 15, 2012

Greetings and Expectations!

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Spencer Garrett and I'm a resident of the Patterson Park neighborhood of Baltimore. I have been a resident of SE Baltimore for over 10 years and I have lived in the Baltimore area for almost two decades. I have considered myself a naturalized Baltimorian ever since the first time I was able to get full cracking crabs without loading up on potatoes or corn! I'm also the full time single dad of a very cool 12 year old boy and a 3 year old Rottie mix who is a hot mess.

Professionally, I work for a local alarm system company who has been in the business for over 45 years. I'm doing this blog unsanctioned as an experiment, so for now I won't name them here. Suffice it to say that I'm proud to work for a company with an A+ BBB rating and one of the best reputations in the region. Good people too... Can't beat that!

As I said, this is a bit of an experiment for me, but nonetheless I'd like to set some expectations for us from the start. First of all, this blog is going to primarily be Baltimore-centric, meaning that I'm going to talk about things that affect us as neighbors here in this city. I expect that the neighborhoods I'll talk about the most will be those here in SE... Canton, Fells Point, Patterson Park and Highlandtown. As a Patterson Park resident, I know SE well, so we'll start here and work outwards. What I'm not going to do is turn this into a crime report, there are plenty of those out there and I can just link to them, which I will do on a regular basis. What I am going to do is talk about quite a few topics as far as security is concerned, home, business and personal, just like the title says. This is a topic that has interested me for a long time, but was brought to a head by an incident that happened a few years ago on my block. I may make that a topic of a future blog, I'm not sure. And yes, we're going to occasionally talk about alarm systems, but I promise not to make this the only topic here. I might even invite a guest blogger or two to contribute from time to time, or use this space to conduct a print interview or two... I feel like there's a lot of potential here to make this interesting, and I haven't even remotely figured it all out yet.

So I hope you'll stay with me on this and give me a few tries to get this up and running. Please comment if you like it, if you don't, if you have an idea or just want to say hi. And if you're interested talking to someone about an alarm system or even just having a free security assessment for your home or business, you can reach me at alarmanswerman@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!

Spence

No comments:

Post a Comment